Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Fwd: Let the ambulance go!!! 108...

I was travelling through the city today, all of a sudden I heard the sound of an ambulance behind me. I was riding the bike so I quickly maneuvered to allow the ambulance to pass by. I was in a hurry so I decided to tail the ambulance since everyone would move aside and I would have a smooth journey, I couldn't be any more wrong. There were many arrogant jerks who didn't bother to move aside. I could see thought the window of the Maruti van doing a brave job of an ambulance. If you've seen an ambulance abroad, a Mariti van is a dwarf when compared. There was a women in labor with her husband by aside. The driver tries his best to clear the road for him.. honking all the way. 

I guess he finally made it to the hospital but I realized another area of improvement that we as a nation must achieve. It is simple... when we hear an ambulance, we must move aside and allow it to pass because a life (or two) may be in danger.

I have to end this simple post by appreciating the work of the 108 Emergency Service. Never before has ambulance services been so well equipped and so efficient in Goa and other states that this service is implemented.  I dont care about the controversy its going through (because of affiliations to Satyam). Because, as I write this listening to the Baywatch title song "I'll be ready... forever every and always Im always there", I can say for sure that those guys are saving lives everyday and someday, if needed, they will be there to save mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment