Friday, January 23, 2009

Do You Have Your Class Photo?

I recently was hired to click the class photos of a popular school in my city. It was exciting but I didn't know how tough it would be to create a perfect class photo. We covered the whole school in a week(2hrs per day). We didn't care if anyone was absent. We were too confidant about our editing skills. We just had to click the absentees later and insert them in their respective class photo. When it was finished no one could tell the difference.

I remembered my school days. Class photo day was exciting. Being one of the tallest, I was always on the last row and never needed to wear shoes. When we finally get the photo, we used to show it to all our neighbours. My regret is that I never maintained any of them. Since those was film days, I don't think the photographer would keep the film. Even if he did, I don't have a clue who he was.

I spent many hours processing the photo. I wiped of scares, blackened the shoes, replace the shoes if someone wore anything other than black shoes. I didn't do it for the money. I would have saved a lot of time simply clicking them and sending it for print. I did it because after many years when the kids are all grown up, they will have a decent photo to remember the best years of their lives and those who they shared those moments with.

Make sure you have preserved all your school and class photos. If not, get them scanned right away and when you look at them, spare a thought to the guy who spend his time to capture your class and create that picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment