Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Golden Age of Obama Begins

Im infront of my PC listening to CNN playing on the TV in the other room. I don't need to see the screen to imagine the excitement at Washington. It a little over 4 hrs till the inauguration ceremony. I can here USA! USA! chants in the background while reporters ramble on about different stuff including Martin Luther Kings speech and mentioning how proud the people are going to be 40yrs from now.

Im not an American but Im feeling no less proud of him being president that any US citizen. Its something that can never happen in India. I am a proud Indian and even prouder Goan but if there's ever a reason to change my nationality I would definitely be to be a part of a nation that is led by Barack Obama.

"THE MOMENT" (as they call the time Barack will be sworn in) I know I will be cursing every corrupt politician in India that has not just hindered our development but have stalled others like our PM to make any real change. I want a government who says Yes You Can and not No You Cant OR Yes You Can If you Bribe Me.

For now and the rest of the night I am sure gonna enjoy the inauguration ceremony. Hope you do/did too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment